Chapter 10 from Buddhist Life, Buddhist Path – Bhikkhu Cintita
- A short brief in a psychiatric journal summarizing the psychotherapeutic potential of Buddhist meditation.
Instructions to Insight Meditation – Mahāsi Sayadaw
- A general introduction to meditation, these instructions are applicable to whatever meditation technique you do.
- Essentially: note whenever your mind wanders, and then gently return your awareness back to the body, trying to maintain a continuity of awareness as much as possible.
- An academic introduction to the purpose and styles of Buddhist meditation.
- One of my favorite talks by my own teacher, Ajahn Suchart, which beautifully sums up the path, encouraging us all to strive for a real, lasting happiness.